Monday, April 30, 2012

Hot Pink

Im pretty sure I almost shoplifted today. It was not intentional, but it did in fact happen. At Target, I picked up a nail polish to match the hooker-ish hot pink I'm wearing this week. I had some chips that I wanted to cover them over. I threw the polish in the carriage and went on shopping. 


It was a quick trip to Target which doesnt mean it was a cheap trip. Have you ever noticed that leaving Target without spending $50.00 is almost impossible? Today's list consisted of: wet ones (shocker!!), baby soap, q-tips, zyrtec for the snuffaluffagus living in my house, nail polish, and birthday cards. I was hoping for another pair of colored skinny jeans but they were all out of my size.  


Sloane and I fought our way thru the store because she was dying to get her hands on the wet ones. She loves to take them out of the package one by one. It have to disguise them in the diaper bag in ziploc bags!! Ha. Once at check-out, I emptied the carriage, paid, reload and we were on our way back to the car. As I unloaded the bags into the car I saw it, the Essie bottle of hooker hot pink nail polish was sitting at the bottom of the carriage. I had shoplifted!! Not the first sin I have committed, but nevertheless not exactly a Christian act either. Honestly, it was not intentional. I didn't notice it there until it was too late. 


Now I could have walked it back into the store. Many goodhearted people would have done that. But, you see, Sloane was already in her car seat and there was no way I was unbuckling her to rebuckle her in 2 minutes. I would rather have a paper cut on all ten fingers!! 


I made a wholesome decision in my opinion! I left the nail polish in the car so I did not completely shop-lift it. I did not take it home. Now, I could be dishonest and end the story there, but that's no fun. What did I do before I pushed the cart with the nail polish in it to the cart holding area???? 
I opened the bottle and painted over my 2 chipped nails!! hahahahaha......


Tomorrow is a HUGE day in our home. 


First and foremost, it is the last day of cold and flu season!!! Sloane, thanks to my hubby's diligent germ fighting, has made it thru another cold and flu season without a cold or flu!! REMARKABLE!! I will, tomorrow, send our ped a note as I did last year saying YAHOO!! Colds and the flu are a much bigger beast for Sloane because her lungs are already compromised by her aspirations. 


Secondly, take a look at this picture! Tomorrow, is Sloane's first day of dance class. Ballet slippers and tu-tu!! I am so excited. I was a dancer. It was the only athletic activity (if you can consider it one) that I ever did growing up. Sports were not something I excelled in. In fact, I sucked. I did become a prima ballerina through the years. I have my 1st ballet slippers hanging in Sloane's room. 


My hubby isnt feeling the same excitement as I am. He was all star in soccer and tennis so he has been practicing kicking and hitting for months! Hoping for the next Mia Hamm or Anna Kournikova. I am sure soccer and tennis will come along too...but for now, bring on the tu-tus, tiaras and maybe some hot pink nails for my little dancing queen!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh My!!! Look at those precious feet!!!!!!
    Love it!!

    ReplyDelete