Saturday, April 7, 2012

2 Days To Toddlerville

Next week at this time, I won't be with my baby!! This is not exactly that unusual for me since my hubby and I go out just about every Saturday night so I will clarify. But, first let me explain that back in October, we decided to give ourselves some couple time. Being first time parents is challenging enough, but having a child with a medical need puts a bit more pressure on all aspects of your home life.  It just so happens that a family friend is a corporate chick by day and a fabulous babysitter by night. "The machine" as my hubby calls her has been an angel sent from heaven. We leave our house for date night and the both of us are completely relaxed. Sloane loves her and she has been wonderful for Sloane and her development.


So although I usually don't spend Saturday nights with Sloane, next weekend is going to be very different. I am having a weekend away....leaving on Friday afternoon and arriving home on Sunday afternoon. I have only left Sloane overnight for a family wedding last June. I am due for a rejuvenation weekend as my husband calls it. He travels frequently for work so he thought I could use some childfree time myself.  It is not a balls to the wall/party all night kind of trip, it is much more of a relaxing, come as you please getaway. No plane, no train, just a care ride to peace and quiet.  I have 2 dear friends joining me. In an ideal world, I would snap my fingers and clear all the females in my life's schedules so they could all come!!  

I have no worries about leaving Sloane. She and her daddy will have a blast. I have more issues about not trying to control everything here while I am away. I have already started to plan in my head all the things I will do the day before I leave to have my house in order for my husband. Which is a complete waste of time as he is self-sufficient. I have already tried to plan my husband's weekend with Sloane in my head so I know what they will be doing all the time I am away. Which is a complete waste of time because he will be making his own plans for the 2 of them.  I have already tried to let my hubby know what things I do not think he should do with Sloane.  Which is a complete waste of time because he is her father is completely capable of deciding what he would like to do with her. I have already re-organized the freezer and re-bagged certain foods with their cooking directions so my hubby will be able to find things easily. Which is a complete waste of time because Sloane's father know what Sloane likes to eat. Basically, since the trip was booked I have wasted alot of time worrying about a whole lot of nothing. I have a hard time giving up control. Not my best quality. I like things to be as I picture them to be. Which is a complete waste of time!! Honestly, I do not have enough time in the day to waste all this time!!!


Anyhow, I think this getaway will be great for our whole family. I do think I need a little R&R as well as, some time to read up on how to manage my toddler's new found temper! I originally asked one auntie for some chick flick reads to fill my weekend, but after the past few day's temper tantrums I'll be walking myself right into Barnes and Noble for a wild child read. Ha!! Next weekend, may turn out to be boot camp for this mom. My 2 friends coming have 5 children ranging from 15 to 3 between the 2 of them so I hoping that they will share all their secrets with me on how to survive the next 2 years!! Sloane has been such a pleasant, easy going child for 20 months that her new found 'tude & temper have left me feeling a bit unprepared.


So next week at this time, I won't be with my daughter. I will be taking 2 days to gear up for the next 2 years of Toddlerville.

No comments:

Post a Comment