Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bitter.....Sweet

So I am back home!! My homecoming was bittersweet. The weekend was all that I had wished for so it was bitter to leave the peaceful surroundings. There was relaxing, reading, laughing, eating, sitting, drinking, exercising, sight-seeing, conversing, and even sunning! The weather this weekend could not have been more perfect! Our destination was beyond gorgeous. And I can honestly say I can not wait to return!! 


As for the company, there is NOTHING like being with your girlfriends. One more very dear friend of mine joined us on a whim and she completed the quad perfectly. There was not a dull moment in the 48 hours we spent together. As I have said many, many times, I am truly blessed with the friendships that I have. 


Sloane was napping when I walked thru the doors so I had to wait to snuggle. Once she awoke, she could not get enough of me. Pure sweetness. There was hugging, puckered up kisses, snuggles and lots of hand holding. Me and my best friend were back together!! 


Sloane had a very fun weekend with daddy. The zoo was a big hit!! They washed the car by hand. Nonni visited. A dance party occurred with her uncle and "the machine", our babysitter last night. And today, poppie and mamie took her to brunch. 


It was went swimmingly.....if you do not count that when I saw her today I noticed that she wasn't exactly fully dressed!! The weather has been abnormally warm this weekend and Sloane's summer clothes were washed, but not organized into outfits. 


Her daddy grabbed a very cute summery tunic...not dress....tunic. But he forget the pants that went with it. Yup!! Sloane wore a very, very, very, short or rather mini-dress today!! Now she can rock any outfit, so it did look cute, but a tad-bit white trash with the diaper hanging out the bottom!! The way I see it is if that was the only mis-hap all weekend then my hubby can job-swap with me weekend! He did a fabulous job being a stay at home dad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment