Friday, April 27, 2012

105 Minutes Of Torture

Let me be clear....today, I could throw the fucking feeding tube out the window!! 35 minutes is TOO LONG for Sloane to sit. I can not wait until Wednesday to plead my case to the Nutrition Clinic. We have had it! The timing of the feeding tube is not something that I can tweak or cut shorter without some medical input. There is a science to it based on Sloane's weight, age and daily diet which I understand. But considering that Sloane ate an organic turkey hotdog, string cheese, cucumbers, whole wheat pasta, edamame and half a banana for lunch...its purpose is hard to swallow!!!


Back to the 35 minutes: The last 15 minutes are torture for her and me. She is now crying, saying "momma out, momma out" and throwing anything in her reach. 


Breakfast was a SHIT SHOW! My friend called at the end of it after I pulled out the ipad, books, and finger puppets. This auntie, I'm sure, could hear the tone in my voice and the anger in Sloane's pleas of "momma". She said "I think it is time for play dooh" Great idea!! But the truth be told, at this point, if she said its time for me to crack out the water balloons I might have tried it!! LOL 


Lunch was a MESS as the 35 minutes is even longer because we were creeping up on nap time. To add to the fun today, daddy was home.....which is an exciting event to begin with for Sloane and the builder was here to review our renovation plans. It was organized chaos!!! Or was it just chaos???? I almost started crying as loud as Sloane at one point. 


Sloane is fast asleep right now and I am regrouping. I hope dinner's 35 minutes doesn't send Sloane or her momma over the edge. Wednesday can not come fast enough. None of this should be a surprise to me. Speaking on Sloane's behalf I can say, she is so active and curious, she thinks being stuck in her highchair three times a day for 35 minutes is simply a waste of her time! 


Tomorrow is the March of Dimes walk!! We have a team of 15 people walking and we raised over 1500.00! Alan and I are beyond thankful for the support our families and friends have given us. We decided to have a picnic with Team Sloane walkers tomorrow once we finish. I am looking forward to spending time everyone! Most importantly, after today's 70 minutes (35 more to come) of torture, I am excited to let Sloane run around during lunch time and not be held hostage by a fucking feeding tube!!


Don't forget to read the fine print: Mammie, Nonni, and Ti-ti sorry for the swearing!! It's just one of those days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment