Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hello, Details

This getaway couldn't come a better time. I just realized as I was packing that I have lost a bit of my focus in the past year. Sloane and the depth of her LC have occupied all of my brain cells, all of my emotional thoughts and all of my organizational tendencies. What I just realized is that, my handbag, the one I used everyday for almost a year has been hanging in my closet unbeknownst to me. I had completely forgotten about this handbag. 


I haven't used a handbag in forever. My diaper bag has become my handbag when I am with Sloane. When I am out alone, I use just a wallet and on date nights I carry a clutch. This big, beautiful expensive tote was a gift from my MIL and I love it. Love it as much as not changing into any other bag for almost a year. 


Until tonight, when I was spending time reviewing my clothes, I did not notice it hanging in the closet. Now it was not hidden. It is in plain sight. I just never saw it for over a year. I overlooked it. How I have no idea? It was like finding an old favorite stuffed animal. 


I haven't been paying good attention to any daily details other than Sloane and the progress of her LC. And certainly not my own miscellaneous details. 


I found my handbag. Not that it was lost. But I found it. And tomorrow, I am going to toss it on my shoulder and head out with my friends to enjoy some downtime and embrace the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment