Friday, April 13, 2012

And The Date Is.....


It is scheduled!!! On May 15th, we will have medical/factual/accurate information as to what consistencies Sloane can drink safely. Let's all hope that at the very least this swallow study shows that Sloane can tolerate Honey Consistency Simply Thick without aspirating. She shows no signs visibly right now, but you never know what the x-rayed swallow study will record. Who knows, maybe just maybe, we will be pleasantly surprised and Sloane will show us that she can tolerate even thinner liquids than we are giving her. We have an appointment with the SLP next friday to get all our ducks in order for the swallow study. There will be practice, practice, practice until then!!!

I am packed and waiting. One hour until take-off. The truth be told, I am nervous. When I go out during the day for more than 2 hours, I am itching to get home to see Sloane. I am going to miss her LOTS!!!!

We had a very fun breakfast this am with titi, ani (auntie), baby (cuzzy) and mamie in honor of ti-ti's birthday. My fantastic niece and Sloane was EXCELLENT!! My SIL and I were laughing because I admitted to her that when I am out to eat with Sloane I do not feel like I can interact/talk/engage because I am too concerned with Sloane. My SIL admitted the same. She said "I am here in body" LOL. She is very funny. Anyhow, it is true. I think we all share 4 words when we go out and end up talking about life in later conversations. Managing babies, food intake, public behavior and cleanliness is all we can handle!! Ha!! We choke down our food and say the occasional word to each other.

This weekend I hope to enjoy conversation with my friends. I am not so worried about their food intake, public behavior or cleanliness!! LOL Their alcohol intake....YES!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment