Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Miss Independent

Miss independent
Miss self-sufficient
Miss keep your distance


Miss unafraid
Miss out of my way
Miss don't let momma interfere, no


Miss on her own
Miss almost grown
Miss never let daddy help her off her throne



This is the new theme song in our house!! 
Sloane has become Little Miss Independent!!

It is incredible. I do not understand what has happened. Sloane wants to do everything herself. Isn't it too early for this?? She is only 21 months.

Here are some examples:
1. When we announce a tubby is going to be happening, she runs into her room, opens her drawer, pulls out her towel and heads to the bathroom.
2. When my hubby returns home from work, she greets him with sweatpants.
3. When I say we are going to go bye-bye, she heads into my bedroom and grabs a perfect sized handbag for her and runs to the door.
4. When I try to feed her anything, there are MAJOR moments of "no" or "me do" 
5. If the snack of choice is a clementine or banana, Sloane wants to peel it.
6. If it is time to moisturize, Sloane wants to pump and spread the cream. 
7. If it is undressing time, Sloane wants to take off her own coat and shoes.
8. Sloane now gets the phone herself and announces who she would like to call. 
9. Sloane now tells us when its bedtime "nite-nite" and as soon as she hits the pillow basically asks us to leave the room.
10. It is forbidden by Sloane to have your hand on anything she is using that is a higher level for her....like the computer, or the coloring book,  or fork.
          And for a cherry on top of this list, Sloane now states when she does pee- pee and poop as well as embarassing anyone who is at my house when they exit the bathroom with a questionable look of "pee-pee ???"

This has all happened too fast as far as I am concerned. I consider myself to be a well rounded individual, but I have learned through this journey of parenthood that babies/toddlers were something I knew very little about. Everyday, I am in shock as to how fast the baby stage melts away. I guess I thought that Sloane would be a little more dependent for a longer while. Somedays, I feel like Sloane is on fast 
forward and I am stuck on play. Which brings me to my next announcement: as of today, we are on 5 1/2 oz of JU!!  We arent exactly in fast forward in our sipping world, but we are cruising at a steady speed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment