Monday, April 9, 2012

"AHA"

So here is the story on Sloane's JU moving forward. Dr. Rahbar had said that we need to keep thinning out liquids by 10% every 10 days. He was basically speaking Latin to me. I was unclear on how to progress this along. Black and white numbers are not my thing. I am more into flowery words. We are currently on 4 1/2oz of liquid to each packet of Honey Consistency Simply Thick.

Our, SLP, translated the new formula for me. Dr, Rahbar's 10%/10day approach is more aggressive than what the SLP had been prescribing for the past few months, but we are going to give it a go. So, Sloane will be on 4 1/2oz until Monday and then on we are moving up to 5oz of liquid to each packet of Simply Thick. We will basically increase the volume of liquid by 1/2oz every 2 or 3 weeks if there are no visible signs of aspiration.

I think everyone is THRILLED that Sloane is drinking, but we cant lose sight of the volume that Sloane is drinking vs. the volume she needs to drink daily. Sloane drinks 4 1/2 oz of liquid each day which is AWESOME!! But in reality, Sloane needs to drink 15 MORE oz each day. She drinks her hydration (JU) daily, but those other 15oz (5oz 3X daily) are her milk that she takes via tube.

Having her drink her JU everyday and not having to be hooked up has been so fun!! I can not imagine what life will be like when Sloane can take 1, 2 or all 3 of her milk tubes by mouth. In Oprah lingo, they will "AHA" moments.

As for the weekend getaway, I spent time today figuring out what exactly I will do to get our house ready for my hubby & Sloane. I have planned out when I will go to the market, what I will get for food, what I will label in the house, and where I will leave cheat sheets. I thought about leaving outfits out for her, but talked myself out of it. Instead, I reorganized the closet and matched up tops with bottoms in a Garanimal way. Can you stand it??? I have ISSUES clearly!!

 My hubby told me that he is taking Sloane to the zoo this weekend and I became a jelly belly!!!! Telling him he can't do that without me. LOL I galavant all over town with Sloane every day and I am trying to tell her father who never has her to himself that he can't do something fun with her without me. I almost wanted to slap myself!!! I am a CONTROL FREAK!! Admitting it is the 1st step to recovery!!! An "AHA" moment!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment