Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Catwalk

A polite way to say it would be that Sloane has guts, courage, fortitude, nerve or audacity! But the truth is one of the reasons Sloane is loved more than life itself is because she has (in a very RI slang heritage way)..... balls! Today at dance class, she proved it once again!

Class went very well. I wasnt overly surprised since Sloane has been preforming one of her moves for every person she loves in the past 3 days. And when she is done, she claps for herself! That's my girl. It is adorable and pretty impressive to me since I havent reinforced any of new moves we have learned at all. Slacker mom!! Sloane, herself, because she is self sufficient according to my husband....lol, has taken it upon herself at 22 months old to put the phrase "practice makes perfect" into use. 

At the end of class, there is a snuggle song. The moms cuddle with their daughters and sing. Sloane is far to busy to stop and snuggle. As a matter of fact, this is her least favorite time of the class. If she does want to stop and cuddle, she may pick my lap if I am lucky. Sometimes she picks the teacher and most times if Ani and cuzzy are enrolled in the class, Ani's lap is Sloane's snuggle spot.

Today during the snuggle song, what did Sloane do? She lifted up her tank top, put her index finger at her mickey button and parade around in front of each pair of momma/child showing them her button. Balls!! The looks on the moms' faces were priceless as was Miss Sandy's jaw. I was laughing inside and smirking on the outside. Instead of grabbing her or her shirt, I let her finish her catwalk and we waltzed out of the room. I do wish I had stayed to watch the aftermath unfold. I am sure there were some thoughts of wonder or curiosity as to why my dancing queen has a feeding tube. 

We changed and were on our way out the door when I saw a new friend and her child. We have known each other for a couple of years and she has superficially ridden along on Sloane's journey. Once we were outside, I told her the story of what had just occurred and we shared a fit of laughter! My friend said in her beautiful columbian accent, "oh my, the questions they will ask." She knows Sloane and has watched her blossom in all aspects of her life so she wasn't at all surprised of Sloane's belly modeling debut. 

My daughter has balls! Maybe all almost 2 year olds do?? I don't know. But what I do know is that I couldn't be happier. Sloane is preceded and surrounded by many assertive, independent and ballsy woman so I hope her courage, nerve, audacity and guts continue to grow with her. 

As for Operation Fluids, a battle was won today. Sloane drank 3 sippy cups of thickened flavored water!! That is about 15 to 18 oz. And thank goodness for that because it was another HOT one!! At this point, since the volume is creeping up, I need to make a move to thin out the consistency more. We are at 6 1/2 oz to one packet of Simply Thick.  I think it is about time we give 7 ounces to one packet a whirl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment