Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Down & Out

I am not sure what happened today but I hit a wall. I woke up with body aches and completely exhausted. Sloane had music class this am with cuzzy and that was about all I could handle. I spent the rest of the day going from the bed while Sloane napped and to the couch while Sloane played. I do not think I am getting sick. I am hoping that I was so anxious for the days leading up to yesterday and that the ride was so long, that my body is just worn out today. 


Nevertheless, it sucked. I have not been sick since Sloane was born. I didnt feel this exhausted even after my crash c-section. I actually can not remember feeling this way ever before. I felt terrible for Sloane all day. She was such a good girly, it certainly wasn't a day of learning. 


My hubby came home early. Alleluia! I was counting the minutes until he arrived. I couldnt wait to get into bed AGAIN.


So here I lay wondering how parents who have health concerns care for their children. Take the Bond family whose blog I read (they posted today finally...). Both parents have cancer and they have a 2 year old daughter. I only have body aches and I am out of commission. What do they do when their treatments hit them hard??? I have posted about the Bond family before. Their story is not as unusual as you would think. I have some old friends whose story is quite similar. The mom has breast cancer and the dad has multiple myleoma. They both are in their early 40s and have 2 kids. Here is their story:


http://www.were-in-this-together.org/3/miscellaneous1.htm


I am embarrassed that I am this down and out right now. Who the hell takes to bed when they are a mom of a toddler because of aches and exhaustion? I wish I could move, but I truly can't. I need to rest up as my hubby is having elective, but STRONGLY SUGGESTED surgery on Friday. We have a long week ahead of us. 


Tomorrow, we are off to the ped to get her thoughts on the fluid volume Sloane needs daily. I want to be sure I have her input before we get to far into the regimen of 2 tube feeds a day. I am very excited to share the swallow study results with her and see if she has any creative ideas on how to get Sloane to be less of a camel and more of a elephant who sucks water in by the liters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment