Monday, May 21, 2012

Cherry On Top

From where I sit, today was a fabulous day!! I spent the entire day cleaning out closets out with my fashionista girlfriend and Sloane. It is a never ending job!! There are bags for goodwill, bags for our friends who are expecting a baby girl in September (so excited), and our closets that are completely organized. There is nothing that makes me feel more settled than a well folded, seasonally appropriate, and neat closet. Some people need a clean kitchen or a magazine ready home, not me....I need an OCD closet. 


To top that off...hello again kettlebells!!! I am in love with kettlebell workouts. I have not seen a bell in months because my babysitting schedule hasn't worked for the classes. But as luck would have it, I found my old instructor at a dive/hole in the wall gym close to home on Monday nights at 5:30. Not an ideal time AT ALL, but I decided to throw caution to the wind, leave Sloane during the witching hour and dinner time and get my swing back. I pleaded my case to my MIL (which took about 5 seconds since she would prefer to spend all her time with Sloane than live real life) and off I went. It was great to be back with the bells! I smiled the entire 45 minutes while sweating my ass off!! 


The cherry on top today was what I saw when I came home from the sweat hog gym. There was a licked clean dinner plate and a sippy cup being held with 2 hands and 2 lips puckered up to it!! This blue sippy cup with a pink straw had 8oz of water in it. Two oz. were left over from earlier and I topped them off with another fresh 6 oz. before I left. I was hoping for the best since Sloane had already had both of her tube feeds during breakfast and lunch so she would be low on fluids at dinner time. And...............Sloane drank it ALL!!!! 


Sloane Jacqueline drank an eight ounces cup of water tonight with dinner!!! A fabulous day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment