Friday, June 1, 2012

Wateraholic

Today I realized that we soon may hear this statement in our home: "Hi, my name is Sloane and I am a wateraholic!"

Sloane drank 6 ounces during breakfast, 10 ounces while we did errands this morning, 7 ounces during lunch and this afternoon, and 6 ounces during a walk before dinner! Let me do the math for you, that is 29 ounces of thickened strawberry/watermelon flavored water!! It was UNBELIEVABLE!!! I am not clear if this is the beginning of me being the mom of a binge drinker HA or a fluke??? I actually shortened Sloane's milk tube feed tonite at dinner bc I was afraid that she had too much liquid today.

On top of the 29 oral fluids, she also had 3+ ounces of milk in a tube feed at breakfast. In addition to all this liquid, Sloane ate like a truck driver today!!! Maybe a growth spurt?? Or 2 hollow legs today?? LOL  I do think it is time to chat with our ped about Operation Fluids and how to proceed from here. Maybe I will live on the edge and ask her how she thinks the next 3 months look in terms of the mickey button and its role in our daily life?? I know everyone is anxious for it to be removed, as am I, but it has been our way of life for almost 2 years, our safety net, a control panel for nutrition, and it scares the shit out of me to know it will be gone. I am sure that sounds crazy after how much I loathe the tube, but it the thing that allows me to keep Sloane healthy. And keeping her healthy is ALWAYS the goal.

Now, on a completely different note. I purchased the 2nd book in the Fifty Shades trilogy last night. As I checked out the cashier at Barnes & Noble, she handed me a paper with a list of recommended reads based on my purchase. As the cashier said it, I laughed a loud short HA followed with a inquisitive seriously!! There are more books in this genre?? After telling a friend about my future read list, we decided that Barnes & Noble knows Fifty Shades is a phenomenon and are trying to capitalize on it. So here is my public service announcement. If you are a fan of Christian Grey and Ana's love story, according to a national bookstore chain you may also like:
1. Insatiable by Opal Carew
2. Belong to Me by Shayla Black
3. Poughkeepsie by Debra Anastasia

No comments:

Post a Comment