Friday, May 25, 2012

Miss Leggy

Yesterday, I mentioned jeans in my blog. Today, I am going to talk about its homophone...genes!! Every day when I look at Sloane, I am amazed at how my genes took a back seat in terms of her physical appearance. Don't feel too bad for me....my genes are in the driver's seat for Sloane's personality good and bad. HA!!


In terms of her beautiful appearance, Sloane has glimpses of her momma at times, but 90% of the time she is all her daddy with a tiny bit of her uncle and poppie mixed in. Most days I only see my hubby in her features, but once in a while I see my brother and my father. They are quick flashes, but certainly happen. It is funny how people who do not know my hubby will say that Sloane looks like me..which I love!! The truth is she truly doesn't look like me. Now, Uncle and Auntie She She will fight you tooth and nail on this one. They both think Sloane is a mix between her momma and her father. Gotta love them for trying!


The feature that we are most in awe of lately is my daughter's legs! She is very proportioned, but at the same time she has very long legs for a 22 month old. For those of you who know me, I am sure you know they are not from me. I am not one inch above 5 feet and I am not exactly all leg. Sloane, on the other hand, once again has her father's genes. My hubby is just grazing 6 feet and a good proportion of him is leg. That is where Sloane gets them!! She is a lot leg. When she was born, I had a joke about how she was going to grow to be blond-ish, with green-ish eyes and well over 5 feet. We would be walking down the street and someone would ask her who the dark little troll was trailing behind her. And she would say that's my mom. LOL


So here it is, I can not keep up with Sloane's leg genes in regards to her jeans! Just today, I put on 2 pair of pants that were both 2T and there wasnt a chance of her wearing them! It cracks me up. I can buy ankle length pants and have to have them hemmed to be ankle length. Sloane, I am sure, will never have this problem!! My hubby will bust me some days because Sloane is wearing high-waters. She truly isn't. It just seems that she and especially her legs are growing like well watered weeds. I didnt know all this growing would happen so fast. Isn't she my baby???


Last year, I had put Sloane's summer clothes in a bin with thoughts that some of the flowy dresses from last year could be worn as shirts this year. 2 of the aunties laughed at me, but I didn't believe them. I thought they would be cute with jean shorts. Well, their snickers for my naivety were well deserved. The entire bucket went to cuzzy last week. I do not know what I was thinking??? Sloane and her legs made all of last year's clothes look like her doll's clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment