Thursday, May 24, 2012

$12.79

I am a girl who knows how to spend money! My hubby would say "dam right" to that!! There is a certain budget within our household. With that being said, I have wasted a lot of money in my day on unnecessary cheap things. Target is my downfall. In my head, I'll say its only $17.99. That red bullseye sucks me in!! On the contrary, I have also spent too much money on  out of budget things that I think are necessary....HA. I usually justify it by dividing its sticker price by the amount of times it gets used. A wonderful tactic I learned from my mom when I was younger. 


Let me explain: if I see a fabulous article of clothing that is a bit out of budget, I will take its price and divide it by the number of times I THINK I will wear this "I need it" piece of clothing. For example, I have a pair of black skinny jeans in my closet that I purchased in November and I am pretty sure based on the fact that I wore them at least once a week since then....in spite of their sticker shock, these jeans cost me less than $7.00. The way I see it...a complete bargain!!


This past week, I made 2 of the very best purchases of my life. 


Exhibit A:
I spent $8.95 on this Green Sprouts cup. It happens to be the 15th in our sippy cup collection.






Exhibit B:
I spent $3.84 on Strawberry Watermelon Mio Liquid Water Enhancer. 




In total, I spent $12.79!!! What did I get for $12.79?? I got to watch my daughter sip 20 ounces of strawberry/watermelon flavored thickened water through this straw yesterday and today. It was a sight like no other. She drank in the car, in the house, on the tricycle, while playing play doh, during breakfast, during lunch, during dinner, when she woke from her naps and all her sips were followed up with "ahhhhssss" for effect. 


I have never been more sure of a purchase in my life. I mean the ROI on this $12.79 is amazing!! I am not sure what all this sipping means..... for those of you who wheels are spinning. If this trend continues (fingers crossed), I am not sure what happens?? 


I do not know exactly how much/# of ounces Sloane needs to drink by mouth consistently and for how long she needs to do that before we can talk about taking the mickey button out.
Sloane is not drinking milk YET by mouth and I am unclear if that needs to happen for the mickey button to come out. I do not know the importance of milk, in our ped's opinion, as Sloane comes up on 2 years old. I am sure that in just 2 short months at Sloane's 2 year old ped appointment, we will get answers for all our questions. Until then, I am hoping for a 20 ounce day tomorrow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment