Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Plan Anyone?

What have I noticed about parenthood lately? It is that plans have no roots. Sloane has been hit hard with illness lately. She was beyond healthy last year (she remained illness free her entire 1st year). This winter not so much. Everyone tells us we should consider yourselves lucky because she has not been sick very much for an 18 month old. Which is true. It just so happens that in the past 2 months, I feel as though we have made up for it!! 

Well, the ped was right and we are battling our 2nd bout of croup. It sucks but we did hear the magic words this morning: "her lungs are crystal clear." See you later...mr. fear!! 

We had all sorts of plans this weekend that are now gonzo. A parent makes plans and a child laughs!!! That's a new version of a phrase my brother says. In our home it translates to:
Say hello to the croup mom and dad. Say good bye to drinks last night with 2 of our favorite people, say good bye to lunch with the aunties, and say good bye to date night. We made plans and Sloane giggled at us...she reminded us that in parenthood there are no plans that are set in stone. 

Well, my hubby decided to let the cat out of the bag with my family and friends about this blog. He says he is very proud of me. I think he didn't want to be the only follower I had. LOL  It was all ok when my thoughts weren't be shared with people I see everyday. A blanket of OMG came over me when I found out he outed me and then I thought???....there isn't one of my family members or friends who would be able to put their hand on the bible and state that they didn't think I had 1, 2 or 10 issues. I mean let's be honest...these people know I can be a bit complex at times. 

So our circle of trust, the people we rely on daily, the ones who love Sloane as if she was their own, the group that care about her every sip, the individuals who have enough pictures of her to wallpaper their house....those amazing people are getting an in depth look into what can happen when first a motherless daughter, then single working chick, turned married lady has a baby with a teeny tiny birth defect...all life's plans get ripped from their roots!

1 comment:

  1. ahhh,,,but when the next tornado comes, you are quick to realize that the winds from the last "storm" actually planted the roots a bit more firmly in the ground!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete