Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mother's Den

I have decided that someone should open a place for moms to go and relax. Not a spa. Not a cafe. A simple drop in dimly lit place where no matter how you look; you can have your beverage of choice in hand and sit in the most comfy chair with a magazine, a tech gadget or your insane thoughts. I have revelations such as this frequently. First, I thought about a drive-thru smoothie locale because not everyone loves coffee. Then, there was the arts and crafts playroom because stay at home moms like myself need more places to hang out with your friends and their children where there is no mess left to clean. Now, I am on to the mother's den.

Last night when it was 9pm and all the stores were closing. I had no where to go. My mil was babysitting, my hubby was out with his boys and I didn't want to go home yet. Now, I wasn't exactly presentable enough to hit the town for a drink or a coffee. I had my incognito, very cute, hide your rat's nest, cap on and the day shift's clothing. That's when it hit me!! Mom's need a spot to detox from being the momma for a bit. A place that doesn't require make-up or stilettos is what I envision. As a matter or fact, I think they should a policy that any freshly showered or dolled up moms aren't allowed!!!! I have one of those mom's in my life. She always looks pretty and put together and I, on the other hand, some days am a COMPLETE mess (right back to the blueberry story).  I did end up at Barnes and Noble; which apparently has become a new hot spot. There wasn't a hard, wooden chair to be found. I wandered around like a nomad and then decided to venture home. If there was a mother's den, I would have gladly plopped on a big, plush chair and put my uggs up for a bit of down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment