Sunday, February 19, 2012

Daaddddyyyyy

I am so tired right now I am not sure if this post will be full of wisdom. My hubby just said I should post about how:

1. he didn't have dinner tonight
2. he slept on the couch last night because Sloane had diarrhea all night (on top of the croup) and was in bed with me
3. he is exhausted

I could post about all that but who really cares.....I say welcome to parenthood, babe!!! Dinner and comfortable, deep sleep are a thing of the past!!! This is the big game!! Put on your big boy undies!!

Instead I will say that my hubby put "hard time" this weekend as he calls it and is justified in stating #1-3. In addition to caring for a sick child all weekend, his main job was to be a marsupial.  Sloane ADORES him. It appears that her favorite place to be is in his arms or on his lap. She will watch him do anything. I can honestly say she doesn't give him a break. When he is home, she ALWAYS wants him. "Daddddyyyy" is what we hear constantly through the day. Sloane and her dad have something special. He is wrapped around her tiny finger. SJ will let him do all the things she gives me the hard time about. He can easily clean her ears, check the balloon in her mickey button, suction her nose, blow dry between her toes, and of course get her to eat something new!!  She is a daddy's girl thru and thru. And for that, I am thrilled. I continue to be one 39 years later!! My hubby is a fabulous father...hand sanitizers and all!!! Here's to dinner tomorrow night??

2 comments: