Monday, June 4, 2012

What is Fuzzy & Red ?

I had always been in awe when a child, I knew, developed a fixation on a certain movie, show or book. I couldn't understand how they could watch or listen to the same thing over and over again. 


Sloane has now joined that mystery! Who is she addicted too? Let me give you some clues and see if could guess. 
It is a he.
It is furry.
It is red.
It has a giddy voice. 
It has a an orange nose. 
If you guessed ELMO, you win!! 


Sloane has developed an infatuation with Elmo. It is Elmo all the time. The most interesting part of this is that I have no idea, aside from her Pampers diapers, how the hell she knows who Elmo is. The writing was on the wall. She did get Let's Rock Elmo for Christmas, but he never really top a front seat in terms of a toy of choice. He has been sitting in the living room, hanging out, but Sloane has been more interested in bopping around the house with Elmo's microphone than playing with him directly. And Sesame Street was not a show of choice either for Sloane. But something has happened, Sloane now is Elmo obsessed!!!


All she wants is Elmo. This has become a bit much for me at times. Im not proud to say that I know Sloane would love an Elmo themed birthday next month, but I can't bring myself to do it. It is not that I have anything against the little red fella, but I just would prefer, while I can still control it, to have a prettier themed party. HA! Again, I am not proud of this. 


Today, though, I may have developed a soft spot in my heart for the fuzzy guy. We were shopping at Whole Foods and what did Sloane eyeball.......





It may be like hitting the mother load in our house!!! This giddy red little man may help Operation Fluids!! Sloane is happy to do anything Elmo related so I am happy to ask her if she wants to drink some Elmo juice!! Operation Fluids is still going along well, but perhaps Elmo can help us in a time of need or become an everyday treat. Now, loading Sloane up with juice is not the idea here. 4 ounces is the limit, but those 4 ounces can be divided up throughout the day and then watered up and up and up until we get the 7 oz. we need for each packet of Simply Thick. If this all works the way I think it may...move over Michael Buble.....Elmo may soon hold the secret crush place in my heart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment