Monday, June 25, 2012

A Foodie

Tomorrow is Sloane's weigh in! I am not quite sure how it is all going to play out. I do not know what our ped is expecting for a weight. She weighed Sloane back in early May when she decided to take her tube feeds down to 2 a day so I am sure we will be using that weight as a gauge. Sloane's growth curve will play a large role I assume.

I do not think there was anything else for us to do as parents in terms of her nutrition. She eats more than we do some days combined! Either she has the best metabolism of our entire family OR she in midst of a major growth spurt!

Today, Sloane ate like the very hungry caterpillar! There is no rhyme or reason to any of it. She is foodie who will try anything. Some people in our family just love to sit and watch her eat.
In the short 12 hours she was awake today, she munched thru: 1/2 piece of french toast, 1 piece of turkey sausage, 1/2 container of adult greek yogurt, a banana, a cheese stick, 1/2 avocado, grape tomatoes, 1/2 piece of pizza, grapes, a box of yogurt covered raisins, a yum yum cookie, an apple, fish sticks, spinach tortellini, peas, cauliflower, strawberries, and cucumbers dipped in taziki...all with a glass of chocolate almond milk, flavored water and a dish of Del's Lemonade. But that's not it folks. After her dinner, she ate off my hubby's dinner plate. She devoured 4 of 5 slivers of basil parmesan chicken sausage, hearts of palm and raw peppers! It was ridiculous!!

Tomorrow should be interesting! I can't imagine that eliminating 7 oz. of 2% milk will have that much of an impact on Sloane's growth given the daily diet she maintains!

As for Operation Fluids, Sloane is doing great. We are averaging between 12 to 16 ounces a day of fluids. We are at 8 1/2 oz. of liquid to one packet of Simply Thick. I did experiment a bit this week with the almond milk.  I thought because it was thicker than water I could use less Simply Thick for the 8 oz, but Sloane's coughing in the car while she drank it yesterday reminded me that I couldn't. And today, she took a drip/not a full sip/a tiny drip of unthickened water at a water cooler and she hacked and hacked like she smokes 10 packs a day reminding me that Simply Thick is here to stay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment