Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What's Your Chi?

As Sloane and I were arguing about a packet of stickers this morning, we ran into an old friend of mine. We were doing some birthday shopping. Sloane Jacqueline will be 2 on Friday, July 20th. I can not believe it! Where does time go? We were strolling in between Michael's craft store and Joann Fabric disagreeing over whether or not to open the stickers. I am sure you can figure out who wanted them open and who didn't!! As I was ignoring the "oh, I know, ome (open) this", we just about walked into Patricia. I haven't seen her since the first week of February 2010 when she stuck her last acupuncture needles into my feet. 

I am sure way back when in my blog, I mentioned that I have PCOS. I have always know this and was always somewhat aware that conceiving a child would be a challenge. In my younger years, I do not think I truly connected the dots. As I got older, I started to realize that PCOS was a BIG problem in the fertility world. Once my hubby and I decided that we were going to give the baby making a go, I knew I was headed for the infertility clinic on the fast track. 

I had had friends who used acupuncture to help them conceive so I decided to blend Eastern and Western medicine to help me conquer my PCOS. I was going to embrace my infertility while immersing myself in my chi. I saw Patricia for acupuncture once a week for almost a year. I knew that many people think it is hocus pocus so I quietly entered the Center For Balance each week. Patricia balanced me out and educated me on all the environmental and nutritional hindrances in my life. I learned more about my body in that one year than I had in 37 prior. 

Once I became pregnant thru IVM (In Vitro Maturation), Patricia spent the next 12 weeks strategically placing her needles to help me stay pregnant. I do believe that acupuncture helped me get pregnant, but more than that I believe that acupuncture was the reason I stayed pregnant. 

Patricia and I hadn't seen each other since my last visit. She did know of Sloane's arrival, but they hadn't met. Seeing her today reminded me of it all. It has been a 3 1/2 year uphill climb for my hubby and I. Patricia and I caught up on life and  all the bumps in the road along the way. Sloane, of course, charmed her way into Patricia's heart. The stickers were a distant memory 30 seconds into our chat. 

I was more reflective today after seeing Patricia than normal. Our lives have been in survival mode for almost 2 years, so life as we knew it before Sloane's arrival, is buried deep beneath the rubble of the laryngeal Cleft diagnosis. Acupuncture is an old friend of mine. I havent thought about my horizontal hours of incense sniffing, mediation music listening and needle pinching in years. Seeing Patricia today reminded me that I may call on my friend acupuncture someday again. The heavens above know I could use to be balanced once again!!

1 comment:

  1. ThANKS FOR SHARING!!! i BELIEVE IN IT TOO.. THERE IS SOMETHING TO BE SAID FOR ANCIENT THERAPIES

    ReplyDelete