Friday, October 19, 2012

Small Moments

I remember people telling me that it is the small moments of parenthood that sometimes amaze you more than the big ones. On our walk yesterday, I had one, actually 2, of those small moments. It was a brisk morning.....almost a bit too brisk to be out so early but I put on my big girl undies, bundled Sloane up and we hit the road.

The first small moment happened early in the walk. A very simple vision to those passing us by, but a very HUGE accomplishment for this family. 
Sloane was drinking a chocolate milk box UNTHICKENED independently on our walk. A very simple vision for anyone outside of our circle of trust. A very special moment for this mom. I cant lie....there was a was the occasional reminder of "little sips", but other than that Sloane handled the milk box herself. I almost cried watching her thru the sunroof of her stroller. I NEVER imagined we could get this far. 

The second small moment happened close to the end of our walk. Sloane and I were in our groove. I had the ipod blearing and Sloane had the iphone's videos buzzing. She had finished her milk so my eyes weren't glued to her thru the plastic window. When I did look down, I noticed my phone was on the call screen with my hubby's name, the speaker box was highlighted and 30 seconds on the time clock. I shut off my ipod and immediately heard my husband's voice. For a moment, I dont understand what is happening and then it hits me!! My hubby called me, Sloane swiped to answer the phone, then put it on speaker and had a 30 second conversation with her father independently. UNBELIEVABLE!!! When I explain to my hubby what has happened, he already knows because Sloane told him we were out walking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment