Monday, August 20, 2012

Memory Lane 8/30/10

So we are on 3 nights of Sloane sleeping thru the night again! Yahoo!! I am hoping it sticks. I was diligent with the naps and the schedule to try to fix our 3am "let me out of this crib" sleeping problem. I read, I goggled, I asked friends, I hunkered us down in our home instead of packing us up for the grandparent's house and I devised a plan with my hubby to get us both on the same page...and I think it worked? For the time being at least??? The first night, there was some screaming and tears but they were short lived and the following 2 nights...not a peep!! I can only hope we get a few weeks of dreamy sleep before the construction starts at our house and Sloane's schedule, my sanity and peacefulness of silence is shot to shit!!!

BACK TO MEMORY LANE
8/30/10
(the night before Sloane's g-tube surgery)


good morning and its a wonderful one in the NICU!

as you all know we were waiting for test results to find out if sloane needed another surgical procedure during her gtube surgery to address her reflux. the drs. thought she may need to have her stomach sewn around her esophagus opening to end her reflux...its called a nissen. alan and i were tormented about having to make the decision of whether or not to consent to it. we made lists and lists of pros and cons over the past 3 days. im sure no one is surprised by this! 

last nite, i said "lets leave it up to god" and he will point us in a direction of yes or no based on the test results. we didnt want to be in the gray/maybe area where we would have to make the choice! and we arent! thank you up above!

the test results showed that sloane's reflux is significant but doesnt warrant a nissen for a few reasons! thank you god!!! we are so happy we waited out this test and the few days and didnt just consent to it on thursday.

so tomorrow is the BIG day. g tube surgery is at 8am!! let me just say that we LOVE the surgeon. we know that the next week will be a hard recovery but this is the final step to taking sloane home!!

we are praying that tomorrow and the days/weeks following it sloane keeps getting stronger and healthier!!! she is almost 8lbs 3oz!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment