Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Nap Freak

Let me just say that sleep is a gift! For some reason, Sloane has been up a few nights here and there from 3am on yelling for us. It is not a screaming I need help cry. It is an annoyed help me cry.

When she starts I jump up with a jolt and then hear "momma, momma, tarwa (my father thought it would be cute to teach her our names...thx dad), momma, daddy, alwhen (again thanks dad), daddy, i dont wanta do nite nite, momma, boo, boo, i juv(love) you", and on and on and on.

At certain moments it can be funny and others you want to scream yourself! I feel horrible for my hubby who is up and out the door by 6am for a 13 hour work day. I can manage. I just do the zommbie, no makeup, sweats day. I am sure the people around me know the kind of night's sleep I have had by the appearance of my hair. One of my girlfriends or should I say Sloane's best friend, told me how nice my hair looked the other day. My response was "that's because I actually did it" LOL

The past 2 nites, it was non-stop from 3am to drumroll please......4:15am. Now in an earlier post I said that my hubby and I have a rule: whatever is said in the bedroom from 11pm to 6am doesnt count. It has worked for us because we can get nasty. We both have different approaches to address our middle of the night chatty cathy problem. Both of us start off calmly and then the gloves come off.

As the "full-time momma", I have some ideas of why Sloane is up and rearing to go during the night, but most people think I am crazy because it sounds ridiculous. I think that when these nights occur Sloane is overtired and can't settle down. I know, I know, she is wide awake so that sounds nuts. Its just my philosophy.

I am a buzz kill when it comes to a schedule with Sloane. I like her to have her sleep and want her sleep so when she doesnt get it I think she feels the imbalance. First its her nighttime sleep and then its her naps...all the sleep, growing time, rejuvenation times goes to shit. She is cranky, I am cranky and life becomes cranky!

After a few nights of broken sleep, I am determined to put my philosophy to work. I become obsessed with an at home in bed nap. It is my goal of the day. Truly I appear like sleeping with the enemy during these days. A nap control freak!! My own brother said my whole schedule thing was driving him crazy. LOL My friends I am sure are tired of hearing me say...that wont work for us, Sloane needs to nap.

Right now, Sloane is napping! One hour down and hopefully one more to go. I organized my entire summer beautiful day around a nap. And more to come tomorrow as to if it made a difference in tonight's sleep. I am battling it out alone as my hubby is away on business dreading his long travels days I am sure, but thrilled for the silence he will hear from 3am to 4:15am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment