Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Third Time is a Charm

Sloane is finally better! There is a cough here and a cough there, and a boogie wipe now and then but we are on the upswing! The coughing fits after running around are still occurring so I'm thinking its time to call the ped. Id like to get her thoughts on this. Its like "smoker's cough" coming out of a toddler. I dont understand where it is coming from??? My hubby is also feeling better. I can only hope that we are entering an "illness free zone". 

My third Mother's Day was perfect! I couldnt have asked for a nicer day. Truthfully, my first mother's day was not all I dreamed it would because we were in the throws of laryngeal cleft world and we could not relax enough to enjoy anything in our life. My second mother's day was lovely but not complete.  My hubby didnt spend it with us because he was recovering from surgery. 


The third time is the charm as they say! Sunday was just as I envisioned Mother's day way back when. It began with Sloane kissing me on the lips with a "Happy Mother's Day momma. I love you." and it could have stopped there. Honestly, what is more perfect than that??? If she didnt say Happy Mother's Day 20 times throughout the day, she didnt say it once! I actually video~ed her saying once to me to have it on film. My mils idea and a wonderful one!!

Today was a cuzzy day. We spent most of the waking hours today with Ani and cuzzy. My niece turned 2 last month so Sloane and Stella can be one in the same. They are completely different in physical attributes, but the same in their fierce attitudes. Sloane is usually hugging, kissing and hanging on Stella saying "I love you." Stella is a bit more reserved with her emotions so she will run away from my snuggle bug. LOL They get along great, but there are fights usually over toys and occasionally over a grandparent with words such as "she is my mammie" or "thats my poppie". Today, though, there was a physical altercation. 

Ani and I were in deep fashion conversation when we heard the cries and saw the scene. Stella flat on her bottom crying her eyes out. My snuggle bug NOT standing up looking very guilty. I knew it immediately and simply ask "did you push Stella?" and the answer was "yes, momma. she wants to touch my things." Stella recovered and Sloane spent some time sitting quietly by herself. I didnt stop thinking about there it was.........the only child syndrome!!! 

Preferences

No comments:

Post a Comment