Thursday, May 23, 2013

I Don't Get It

So Sloane is sick again. I'll say it before you do....WTF!!! I can not publicize if it is a cold or allergies because I don't know yet. There is a nasty post nasal drip cough going on and it is really getting under my skin because it is keeping Sloane awake during naps and over-night. We tried the Benadryl tonight for the drip and to help her sleep and it did not go well AGAIN! Sloane's reaction to medicine is violent (didnt think of the adjective myself, an auntie did....but its completely true). Sloane is violent when it comes to taking medicine. Sloane should and could have many medical aversions at this age given all she had been through during her first 2 years of life, but medicine wasnt one I was expecting seeing as though all her meds were administered through her g-tube. I dont get it???

Taylor Swift has become the 4th person living in our home. Seriously, it is like she lives here. Sloane is in awe of her and her music. Now, I assume most almost 3 year olds are addicted to Minnie Mouse or Fresh Beat Band. Not Sloane. My child has developed a complete obsession with Taylor Swift. We have downloaded a few of her songs on our phones and I went old school and purchased the cd for the car. There are night-time pleas of YouTube viewings of Taylor belting out a tune before bed. I have to admit some of her songs are catchy, but not catchy enough to listen to them all day, everyday. I always wondered about children who watched the same movie over and over again.......well, I have the child who listens to the same song over and over again.

Here is the scene in the car: Sloane requests her song "We Are Never Getting Back Together" and we listen to it. When it is over, she tells me "momma, its your turn" and I listen to a song of my choice from the RED cd. And then, when my turn is over, Sloane requests her song again. And this happens while we are driving in the car ALL THE TIME!!! Taylor Swift is the 4th person living in my world. I don't get it??

No comments:

Post a Comment