Friday, May 24, 2013

Balance

I am going with allergies! After pleading with Sloane to chew the yummy purple pill (children's Claritin), we decided to crush it into water. My hubby presented it as a new purple drink and I spent the next hour pushing her to drink. We got about 3/4 of it into her and her cough as well as runny nose stopped rearing their little heads. My story, tonight, is that it is allergies and I am sticking to it! LOL

I just want to get to Tuesday so if believeing it's allergies helps me not obsess than so be it! I can obsess about things that arent as big as they seem and its not a good quality! I've been trying to balance the realities with the quiet obsessions I have in my head. 

I am blogging right now in a very quiet house. My hubby and Sloane are having a dinner date. I am never in my home at night alone. It is far to quiet and I don't like it. I can hear the key strokes on the ipad which never occurs. I, myself, am going out to dinner with a friend. I have been trying to do something social for myself once a week or every other week. Something more than a trip to Target alone I mean. I feel guilty as I walk out the door, but completely refreshed and relaxed when I return. 

Last week, it was a night time trip to the mall with a friend and I felt like I had a mini vacation as I shopped without managing a toddler. Lately, I spend more time returning items because I am unfocused while purchasing having my side-kick with me! Tonight is adult dinner and I am so looking forward to it. I wish I could understand why stay at home moms have so much guilt about taking time for themselves. I always think....you are not working, you have all day home, why do you need more time? But I do. I need time for me. I am thankful that I have a hubby who understands that.  

So I am sitting here in my favorite jeans and a pair of stilettos thinking about the glass of wine I'll be having soon, while I am trying to dull out the questions running thru my mind about what Sloane and her daddy are doing right now because I miss them. It's hard to balance them both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment