Monday, April 29, 2013

Keep It Moving

Sloane's temp continued thru the night and gained some momentum this morning. And so off the ped, we went. Here is the thing, my ped,  who we love, was on vacation AGAIN. It is nuts. In the past 6 months, the 2 times I have needed her she has been gallivanting to who knows where???

We saw a very nice, very new doctor today who assured me that Sloane's temp is related to a variation of a cold virus. Now, here is something I didn't know......children get temps with colds. I questioned this very new doctor and she did in fact say that yes, they do. And they can rise all the way up to 104 with just a cold. to be honest, I didn't believe her and will probably check this out with Dr. Reibman. I also had an issue believing her when she said that Sloane's lungs were clear. I've heard that one before while Sloane suffered thru un-diagnosed pneumonia for 3 days.

Well, we stayed home all day, drank lots of fluids and layed low. It was a cozy day. Sloane didnt get much worse. She has gotten more nasally and a bit more hoarse. I do think its a cold with a fever??? And I will be cautiously optimistic that it stays as that......

After much thought and lots of listening to Sloane's breathing and her swallowing, we have decided to follow thru with tomorrow's appointments unless Sloane gets worse over night. As you are all reading this post in the morning, the 4 of us (momma, daddy, mammie & sloane) will be strapped in the car and en route to Children's for Sloane's swallow study.

To Be Continued............


No comments:

Post a Comment