Monday, April 15, 2013

Back to Normal

I am sure that everyone noticed it took me longer to recover from being away from Sloane than my actual time away seeing as though I haven't blogged in 10 days! We did, in fact,  accomplish 4 days away from her without any major catastrophes. The truth be told, the getaway was just what I needed!

Sloane, according to all 4 of her guardians, was wonderful. I believe them to a certain extent, but I know my daughter and know that she can be a handful so I'll assume there were some power struggles. Certainly, not when her Pinkberry was covered with chocolate M&Ms instead of just strawberries, not when she had cookies and a banana for breakfast, not when she got to do potty outside at the playground instead of leaving to find a real bathroom, or not when she was being swung "lalala" across the house for hours. Sloane had a blast and I am sure she went thru some withdrawal when plain, old, boring, scheduled momma came home!! LOL 

I cried. I cried on the runway. I cried on the plane. I cried when I saw texted pictures of Sloane while we were away. But I enjoyed every ray of sun that I soaked in, every page of my book I turned, every cocktail I sucked down and every minute of quiet I had...... 

And then when we got home and pulled into the driveway, I hopped out of the car with delight. Sloane and I ran towards each other like a scene from a movie and then she ran right passed me, jumped into her father's arms and basically didn't even look at me for about 2 minutes while she stroked his face and told him how much she loved him. That's when I really teared up!! lol They are in love!

The past few days have been catching up and gearing up! Catching up on stay at home mom duties and gearing up for Dr. Rahbar's appointment on April 30th. As we get closer to the day, the circle of trust gets more inquisitive and tend to become more interested in the day to day events that have been occurring. 

I was looking at Sloane last night and thinking about the swallow study. This will be the first swallow study that we can communicate with Sloane about what is happening. I am excited (I think) for that. There have been swallow studies when Sloane hasnt preformed/drank because she didnt understand what was happening. In 2 weeks, I am hoping that wont be the case because I will be able to explain to Sloane what I need her to do. 

The lack of little sips continues and so do the silent aspirations. We had dinner with nonni and shu last week and without a sound loud enough to hear above the buzz in the restaurant, Sloane was red faced and glossy. Nonni asked what was going on. Without any hesitation, I said Sloane aspirated. There were no warning signs, no flashing lights, no public service announcements.... just a aspiration and silent tiny gasp for air. On April 30th, I will watch real time to see exactly what route, after they are swallowed, these big sips take.


No comments:

Post a Comment