Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Double Dipping

I love to double dip!! The times when you kill 2 birds with one stone or get 2 for the price of one!! That's exactly what is going to be happening on Monday. Sloane is double dipping while in the OR. We met with the pulmonary doctor today who was completely on our page. She agreed with all of our thoughts in regards to Sloane's wheeze and will be scoping into Sloane's lungs with Dr. Rahbar on Monday.

Monday is a go! Sloane's juicy cough didn't scare the doctor in regards to putting her under anesthesia.  We are heading back up to Children's on Thursday for pre-op and as long as my love bug doesn't develop a fever before Monday....our double dip scope will be happening.

The Pulmonary doctor was confident that we will have some answers on Monday as to why Miss Wheeze resides in Sloane's airway. I am looking forward to the answer and the plan of attack. I am not looking forward to prepping Sloane for procedure and her hospital overnight. We haven't discussed it with her yet. She is connecting the dots, but we haven't had "the talk" yet. I am just starting to talk myself into it. It's been a long time since we have spent time at the hospital as overnight guests. Sloane was so much younger then that in a way it was easier then what I am envisioning for next week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment