Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Water Junkie

Its all she has ever wanted......water! I knew it, but I didnt really know it. Sloane has been drinking plain, old water and only water since Thursday. She has been refusing some of her old favorites and only requesting her new love. Now, there has been some coughing and some choking but, I am remaining calm and positive. Each time, we have thinned out to a new consistency there have been some bumps in the road so I'll assume the same for this consistency.

It cracks me up to watch her with her cup of water. Sloane thinks she is a big shot!! She flings her cup around and tosses it back like she is drinking for a livin'. She loves it! We have swallowing therapy next week with Kara and I must admit that I am excited to share our BIG news with her.

I am trying to be realistic and remember that we have days, weeks and months of diagnostic drinking ahead of us. The reality of it is if Sloane remains healthy then we can assume she can continue to safely drink liquids in their natural form. Sloane's health is the only gauge we have. We will not have a swallow study and get some factual medical results until April 30, 2013. Until then, Sloane can sip her way through the days.

Miss Thirsty does have another cold. There is definitely some junk in her nosey trunk. I do wonder if the gunk is a result of all the dust in our house. Just when you think there wont be anymore...there is!! We have started finish work and our cabinets are in!! Yahoo!! We have survived, are surviving and will survive living thru a major renovation. I do think I need my head examined. I actually said to someone today (while standing in the 8X10 plastic covered area crammed with all essentials that we reside in besides our bedrooms) "its not that bad, we have slept here every night!!" She was looking like me like I was nuts!! As soon as I said it, I looked around and thought WHY? why have we slept here every night???

No comments:

Post a Comment