Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Keep Calm & Carry On

Yesterday I blogged about the amount that Sloane drank and how you never know what you are going to get.....well, this what you get!

You get 2 parents preforming 007 work at 10:30pm because their sound asleep child has peed the crib. She is snoring her 1/2 snore in a puddle of pee-pee. This has never happened to our knowledge. We decided to change her and her bed without her knowing. I had my doubts, but my hubby was sure we could get it done. And we did! I changed Sloane on our bed in ever so dim lighting and my hubby took care of the crib. Sloane did open her eyes once to tell me she wanted the baby book. Sloane is addicted to Princess Baby by Karen Katz. We read at wake-up time, at nap time and at night night time. She is now reciting the story with me. Anyhow, she wanted to be sure that we didnt miss a read last night mid diaper change. lol!! I obvisously opted not to read the story and hubby transferred back to her dry crib. That folks is what you get when our child drinks all day!!

This afternoon, my hubby and I were alerted to a very concerning article on Simply Thick on Bloomberg today by our dear friends. It stopped us in our tracks and has us in investigating mode. I have already emailed all the members of Sloane's medical team. I posted on 4/17 about my concerns on Simply Thick and its effects with daily use. These concerns are now heightened to say the least. My hubby and I will wait to hear back from our team and move on from there.

There are parts of these articles that make me want to break out in a full blown red alert craze and other parts that give me some comfort. The comfort comes from the facts that:

  • Sloane was not a preemie, 
  • she has been drinking Simply Thick for a long enough time that I THINK we would know if she was having short term adverse effects, 
  • and ALL of Sloane's medical team has known about the significance of Simply Thick in Sloane's daily liquid intake. 


http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-18/baby-deaths-linked-to-infant-formula-additive-fda-says.html

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm256250.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment