Sunday, September 9, 2012

That Mom

I realized the other day that I have turned into That Mom....the one I always wondered about.

I am That Mom who can't find the time to return a phone call in due time.        
I am That Mom who has phone calls with a toddler squawking in the background.
I am That Mom who is home all day, yet can't seem to get everything done in time.
I am That Mom whose day revolves someone else's schedule.
I am That Mom who can't keep track of her cell phone because her 2 year old had it last.
I am That Mom who is clueless about her working friends' schedules.
I am That Mom who texts and emails more than talks.
I am That Mom who writes herself reminder notes for things that were everyday occurrences 2 years ago.
I am That Mom who frequently reminds herself about things she has to chat about with her circle of trust people so they know she still can balance it all.
I am That Mom who will rearrange her unnecessary errands to let her toddler have more play time. 
I am That Mom who tries not to bother her working friends too much so they don't get annoyed with her because she doesn't work.
I am That Mom who would love to stay snuggled with her child all day reading books and singing songs. 
I am That Mom whose last thoughts most days are about all the fabulous things her child did that day. 
I am That Mom who loves to tell others how amazing her daughter is. 

I have turned into That Mom. I used to be The Other Girl (post: 2/13/12) and now I am That Mom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment