Saturday, June 29, 2013

One Child Who....

Bible Camp made me a new woman! It's a fact. My therapist, who I have been seeing for ove 10 years, said she couldnt remember seeing me so light hearted and relaxed at our appointment yesterday. Bible Camp was the 2nd best idea my mil has ever had. This blog being the best one yet.

I do feel a bit guilty admitting publicly that I adored having some time to myself without worrying about getting back in a timely fashion. 3 1/2 hours was a long time for me to have to myself everyday. In an average week, I have 3 1/2 hours to myself weekly. It was clear by the end of the week that I am finally ready to let Sloane out of sight to have time with her peers. 

Now, we all know that Sloane has been ready to let me out of her sight for a while, but I have been holding on tight. She made it clear this week.  Sloane loved Bible Camp and even made it through 10 minutes of yesterday's recital.  I had told a mom I met on Thursday that I wasnt going to keep her there for the recital because she gets punch drunk by 12:30 and 12:30 was recital time.  The mom said "oh no, let her stay. Every year there is one child who steals the show." My response was "oh, but I don't want my child to be that child. Staying for the recital would be a struggle since her night, night was calling her."

Once Friday came, the excitement got the best of me and I decided to give the recital a shot. Sloane stood on stage with all the other preschoolers doing her thing ( Sloane loves a good stage) until she saw Shu. And that's when it happened.  Sloane became the one child that everyone remembers from the Bible Camp recital. 

Let me set the scene. Sloane sees Shu and while the religious education director is addressing the entire auditorium over a microphone and Sloane screams SHU....SHU....There's SHU. And the congregation burst out laughing.

After Sloane woke up from her night, night on Friday afternoon, the first thing she said to me was "momma, what are going to do for camp next?" lol

No comments:

Post a Comment