Friday, June 14, 2013

A Little Cup

So what the hell have we been doing for 2 weeks? I'm sad to say not much. It's been daily life here. Nothing too exciting which is the good news I guess!! Lol Sloane is getting bigger and sadder everyday. Ive been spending my nights finishing up the story of Sloane's journey and  reasearching options for her 3rd birthday party next month....YIKES  i can not believe that my child is 3!!! And let me just say.....I do not like 3.  Two was much easier than 3 and 3 hasn't even started yet!!!!!!!!!

So of course, it'll be a music themed birthday party. Sloane is into music! We are having a Fresh Beats birthday party. Sloane loves the Beats and many days she thinks she is an actual Fresh Beat. Ive blogged before about the concerts held in our living room complete with an audience of stuffed animals and full costumes. It is nuts!!!

I did consider a Taylor Swift party seeing as though she is still riding shotgun in my car, but the idea seemed a bit too mature. Sloane already thinks she is a teenage drama queen, Im thinking I shouldn't encourage it. I am thrilled to say we have added 2 more songs to the constant Taylor Swift trio...Sloane is now learning the words to Stay, Stay, Stay and Holy Ground. I'm enjoying the variety to be completely honest. Lol 

On Wednesday, I brought the registration papers to Sloane's soon to be preschool this week. As per usual, I was dragging my feet. It's there now with a fat non refundable deposit so there is no pulling out for this family. I'll need the next 84 days to prepare for Sloane flying the coop! Is it possible to have empty nest syndrome when your toddler leaves you for 3 hours 3 times a week???

Now, there has been a development in laryngeal cleft world. I've been organizing for a yard sale and came across a pack of plastic Dixie cups.  Sloane was in awe of the tiny cups. Loved playing with them, stacking them, pouring water from one to the other. Then she realized she could actually drink from one!!! Oh my!! Sloane does not drink independently drink fom an open glass. With her age and her LC, it isn't ideal to give her a cup and let her go so it doesn't happen often at all. This little Dixie cup gave Sloane just the right amount of independence. She sat like an angel and drank 4 or 5 cups fulls of water over the next 20 minutes and has continued to do so for the last week. It goes something like this: "momma, I have some juice in that little cup." There hasn't been a cough or a choke with all sips. I am loving seeing Sloane drink independently and she is over the moon.  Theses little Dixie cups have become a constant in our daily routine. I think they are a great stepping stone towards a big girl cup!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment