Monday, February 4, 2013

Back Burner

I have been waiting to post because I thought the next post I write needs to be about Sloane's laryngeal cleft and its place in our world. I thought by tonight I would have some information to share. Dr. Rahbar's office emailed over a week ago stating that they received Sloane's pneumonia x-rays and would get back to us with their thoughts in regards to its location, severity and cleft relationship. I have not heard back from them yet. I am sure Sloane's films are on their back burner as she is healthy presently. Sloane has been drinking liquids in their natural form for about 2+ weeks and has remained healthy. We are forging forward and hoping for the best. I am confident that I will hear back from them soon!!

Sloane hasnt exactly been drinking as much as we would like lately. There has been a big push in our home. I have no idea why liquids have taken the back burner a bit. Our refrigerator is still stocked with varieties that make us look like a satellite store for Cumberland Farms. The low liquid intake has affected the poop situation. Somedays I can not get over how life is forever changing when you have a toddler. Nothing remains the same for more than a few days. I dont know what we are pushing more...for Sloane to drink or for Sloane to sit on the potty and push. The past few days, my mind has been consumed with liquids going in and solids coming out. LOL

Nothing has changed while Sloane is drinking, there are still moments when she gulps too much.....there is the cough, the red face and the little gasp for air. For me, there is the thought...aspiration and then for a split second I am reminded that another diagnosis of pneumonia could be sitting on our back burner.

No comments:

Post a Comment