Monday, April 28, 2014

It's a Bird, It's a Plane....It's a Lion!!

There is still a lion around and I am looking for a lamb! This household is very tired of the damp, chilly, rainy, cloudy, raw March weather that we are having in the end of April! It made me sad that Saturday was such a wash-out....we weren't able to participate in the March for Babies walk which supports the March of Dimes. Team Sloane had a contingent of familiar and new faces registered to walk...we were excited! But the weather on Saturday am invited anything but outdoor activities. It was weather fit for a duck or rather a lion!!

We were able to raise over $1500.00 once again for the March of Dimes! I am not at all blind to the fact that it is because of Sloane's story and the love of those around her that we are able to contribute to March of Dimes the way that we do each year! We are so appreciative of our family and friend's donations.

I just put Sloane down for a nap and I couldn't help wondering what we will be doing next Monday at this exact time. Will I be resting with Sloane in recovery or will she still be in surgery? We will not find out the time until Friday afternoon. To say that I am all consumed/self-absorbed and in complete defense mode (all descriptions that I do not like to carry) about cleft surgery #2 on Monday is the freaking understatement of the year! I don't feel as embarrassed as I did when a professional told me  today that this is all to be expected and its post traumatic.....Monday's upcoming surgery has triggered some emotions, from almost 4 years ago, fit for a lion!! 

I decided it would be best to keep myself busy...or try to keep myself busy for the next few days! I found over the past few days that downtime isn't exactly what I need. This lioness used quite a bit of Kleenex when all was still and silent. 

One thing I decided to do was organize the pictures from our trip. I miss developing film and having pictures in hand. All this technology has made me lazy. I would never leave a roll of film laying around...yet, I leave pics and movies on my cell and my PC without a thought. So this week, I am going to try to organize our Turks and Caicos pictures so we actually have something to show Sloane! I have all the photo albums my mom made of events when we (Chunka and I) were young and there is something very sweet about looking through them. I would like to give Sloane the same in spite of the technological world we leave in now!!! Here is a teaser for one of my dearest followers who has been asking me for some pictures of our Caribbean dancing queen!

Ain't no ocean big enough!!
Twinkle Toes!
Nothing like a pair of yellow shoes to bring out some sass!!
The first umbrella drink.....if she is anything like her momma, there are many more to come!!
As you can see....a tan was not an option, as far as I was concerned, for Sloane!!






No comments:

Post a Comment