Thursday, August 22, 2013

Just Call Me Charlie

There is a point during summer that I am ready for it to be over. It's the teacher in me.  I begin to transition into back to school days. Even though, I have been out of the Back To School Days groove for 3 years it never stops.  I have noticed the change over starting to happen this week.

Sloane woke up Sunday  from her nap without a noticeable temp. We both began to believe that her fever just a symptom of a summer virus. She spent the past few days catching up on sleep. I have been told, by a very reliable source, that sleep while a child has a fever isn't the type of sleep that allows them to wake up rested. This appeared totally true this week. Sloane has been exhausted, in spite of having slept all 3 days while she had the fever very well.

As of today, we are back on track to see Dr. Rahbar on September 17th with all status quo things to report. I wonder what this means. Is our Laryngeal Cleft journey ending?????

This week you could just call me Charlie. Not because Sloane has been watching Good Luck Charlie nonstop since be exposed to it during her down and out weekend. Not because my dad is a man named Charlie. Not because I've been munching on StarKist like Charlie the tuna.

 Call me Charlie because Im going to the Chocolate Factory!!!!! Yes, folks, I got my Golden Ticket on Monday!!!! In one week's time, I had my first job interview in 20 years, resigned with a bittersweet heart from a profession and school district that I adored after 20 years, and landed a position to teach in a way I never thought I could.

Sloane's mom is now teaching at a local college!! I am completely nervous, yet over the moon with excitement. It was time for a change and with the help of friend, who has watched my 40 year journey, I am starting a new chapter in my life. This opportunity is one that fits into our family perfectly. 

Sloane and I both have our first days at a new school on September 4th. It seems there are now 2 of us in our house who need to be Big Girls and play nice with others at school. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!!!! wow how exciting, i cant wait to hear about your first day and Sloanes... You are both spreading your wings.

    ReplyDelete