Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Crunch Time

I am the type of person who gets quiet on all fronts when something is bothering me. The quiet falls at my mouth not at my brain. Unfortunately, when my lips aren't flapping, it usually means a bit further up my wheels are spinning.

It's all quiet here in our home on my end. Sloane continues to need to wear her "Talking 24/7" tee shirt. I need a shirt that says "Shhhhh...in deep thought." The thing is that it is crunch time. Crunch time for back to school....back to work....back to reality....back to hustle and bustle....back to bringing home the bacon...and in my case back to the bathroom because my nerves have hit me below the belt!! Basically, the school year starts in 3 freakin weeks!!!

Sloane is ready. She  is enrolled and has the gear. Sweet Peas preschool will be graced by her presence 3 days a week starting on September 5th. I know our circle of trust thinks I am going to lose my shit when we drop her off the first day! We shall see! I do know one thing, no 3 year old has been more ready to hit preschool than my cherub!!! Sloane asks every day when she can go to school and then reminds me that she can't be late.

I am not ready. I have spent the last week tweaking my resume, writing cover letters and applying for jobs in a way I never thought I would. I have a job, folks! My classroom opens the last week of August. Whether or not, my name will be on the door remains to be seen. It's crunch time! I'm trying to explore all my options.  I want to spice up my professional life some. Spending time vacillating between feeling as if  I can renter the job force with flying colors and then feeling more vulnerable professionally than I ever have. Being away from a profession that identified me for almost half of my life has taken its toll. 

My hubby, as we discussed my job opportunities tonight, made a statement that shook all 4 walls. He said " I like that one (position) best because it has the least time disruption to our home life." You could have knocked me over with a feather. I used a bit of a Jedi Mind Trick on him....using his own lingo back at him. I said "So if I am hearing you correctly, you would prefer for me to work the least amount of time I can?" And so the man says...."yes". And with that, the wheels started spinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment