Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Normal Problems

Our normal toddler problems continue to plague our house. Night night time has become a battle most nights. The ritual bed hasnt changed. The time hasnt changed. But the behavior once Sloane hits the crib has. Sloane has been crying "daddy, daddy, daddy", "daddy why you leave me?", "momma, i'm mad!" from her crib on and off while standing up looking ready to rumble for about 20 to 30 minutes. Now, of course, we do go in and check on her which is problem numero uno. I want to let her cry but Im afraid she will fling one of her daddy long legs over the side of the crib and get out of dodge. I would like the days back when Sloane would drift to sleep like an angel.

Potty training is moving along swimmingly. Sloane was clearly ready to tackle this milestone. It is like a switch has been flipped. She independently uses the potty for all her needs. We are both quite surprised at how well she is doing. In classic Sloane form, she wants to be a big girl right from walking into the bathroom when she needs to, pulling down her own pants, using the potty, emptying the potty into the toilet, flushing the toilet and to yelling "I did it all by myself. I need wipe." We went out today in big girl undies!!! Yahoo!!!

Today was my birthday. A milestone one!! My 30s are over. We celebrated my happy day over the weekend, so today was a regular day which just happened to be my happy day (in Sloane's language). I did something crazy today though. Something in all my years I havent done. I am not sure if this admission makes me a nerd because I've never done this or kooky because I did it today. After Sloane went down for her nap, I poured some wine into my Birthday Girl wine glass and slapped a piece of cake on a plate. I sat down at our new island and dove in! Minutes later, the glass was emptied and the dish just about licked clean. It was mid-day and I had enjoyed a glass of wine and birthday cake alone! It truly was very serene. What made it all the more special is that I left the dirty evidence in the kitchen and tip toed into our room to look at the sleeping angel. Apparently, I looked a bit too closely because I woke up almost 2 hours later fully dressed in our bed snuggled against Sloane!!! LOL I hope I am just a lightweight and that because I am 40 an afternoon nap is not going to be a normal forty year old problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment